Fun at Disneyland

Fun at Disneyland

Monday, January 10, 2011

Doing Better!

I've been a bit negligent about keeping up with my blog. Things here are really going well. Blake is doing great both at home at at school. He is totally off the stimulants and just on the Intuniv and I am so pleased with how things have been going.

It's still not perfect, of course, he is still often oppositional and negative, but it's really so much better. He will do something he doesn't w ant to do without too much of a fight. He doesn't complain as much. He is exponentially better than he was just a month ago.

Having Blake happier has had a beautiful trickle down effect on the whole family. We feel more relaxed and have more fun with him, so we want to spend time with him. Just last night my husband took Blake out to "Phillipe's", a restaurant famous for it's sandwiches and featured on "Man Vs. Food" (One of Blake's favorite TV shows). Then they went to a Laker's game. My husband said they had an incredible time and Blake was so nice to be with the whole night.

I have cancelled the behaviorist for now. It's outrageously expensive and not really needed at this time. I am very hopeful that things will continue to get better.....

What we really need to do at this point, is to spend some time and energy on our younger son. He started stimulants in October, but I am still not entirely happy with his results. His focus is better, the hyperactivity is better, but his listening is not at all better, and his emotional reactions are worse. I know some of it may be the middle child thing, especially with his older brother taking up so much of us in the past. he is also only 6, so it's hard to say how much of this might be a maturity thing too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment