Fun at Disneyland

Fun at Disneyland

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Treading Water

Things with Blake continue to improve. He is certainly less aggressive and less likely to throw a tantrum. He isn't over the top hyper. He is eating well and sleeping great. The only remaining issue is his persistent negativity and oppositional attitude. That's a tough one because even with everything else so much better, the negativity is very draining on us all.

It's sad to say this, but he's really hard to like much of the time. It's like having Stalin in my house. Our own little dictator. I know that engaging him when he is arguing isn't the right thing to do, but it's so difficult not to. it's not like I can ignore him or say "Asked and answered. I'm done discussing it." and he'll just give up. No, no, no. I'm not sure "give up" is in his personality.

Some people have pointed out that the personality trait of being persistent is one that will help you in life. And I really hope with all my heart that it does work to his benefit someday...but right now, it's really tough to see that silver lining.

Christmas was fun. The kids were happy with everything and we had a really nice day with family. I am excited for January 1st. It's my 37th birthday and I am throwing a champagne tasting party. It's been a lot of fun to put together and I am really looking forward to it! No children, no worries for a night. Just yummy bubbly drinks, music, fun and laughter. Just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment