Fun at Disneyland

Fun at Disneyland

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dominos on a bad day

oooooo. Bad day. Bad day. The kind of day you feel like every cell of your emotional and physical being is like little flat balloons, all out of air.

Looking back, I can see the combination that led to disaster. Sleepover last night at their cousins house + Christmas photos at Picture People (as if bringing children to a portrait studio isn't enough for one day!) + Home to play video games (and this is it until Friday, since the kids are only allowed to play Fri, Sat and Sunday each week) + Mom said to stop playing (gave warnings, then eventually had to shut it off) = Total and complete meltdown

Tonight, Blake tried to kick me and he threw things at me. Shoes (and I wear size 10, so they're no little thing!), my wallet. He was in complete rage mode. I responded like I never have before. I told him, "I am going to leave the house for a while. You won't take yourself away to cool down somewhere, so I am removing myself." James witnessed the whole thing and was upset, so I took him and Baby L and went on a little shopping trip to Big Lots. My husband stayed at home with Blake.

I was surprised to see that while I was in the process of leaving the house, Blake really did calm down. I took him by surprise and he didn't really know what to do. James, Baby L and I had a nice time shopping, Blake calmed down, had dinner, and went to his room to lay in bed and hang in his room for the rest of the evening.

I thought the day was on it's way to at least ending well. But when we put James to bed, he cried and cried about wanted to stay up later and needing us. We lay with him, took turns consoling him, but he just cried and cried. Until finally 45 minutes later, fell asleep.

I hate that tomorrow's a new day and that new day is a Monday. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment