Fun at Disneyland

Fun at Disneyland

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day one - No ADHD meds

Blake has had a fairly good week. No majorly explosive tantrums since Tuesday, but I do notice that both my husband and I give him a TON of chances instead of being firm with the rules and boundaries. I know that's because we're afraid of his reactions. And I know that's not good in the long run.

This week, he was in a musical performance in front of his whole school and many parents...probably about 200 people! He played the trombone, which he's only been playing for about 2-1/2 months now. He did really well. I was proud of the trombone playing, but enormously proud of the fact that he did it and didn't get anxious like he has in the past when performing in front of people.

The local children's crisis response team is sending someone out this coming Tuesday to talk with us and with Blake. I hope this is the help we have been so desperately needing.

So, today is the first day of no ADHD meds for Blake. It hasn't been too bad yet, but he's been playing video games. When his time runs out on that, we'll see how it goes. I have already noticed that he's hungry and is snacking....something I hardly ever see during the day.

It's raining today and rain is forcasted for the nest 6 days. Ha, ha,ha. Didn't mother nature know I was not doing meds this week and that I needed the outdoors to help my son get his extreme energy out??? I guess we'll either be putting on the rain gear and dealing with it or using the inside bounce house!

No comments:

Post a Comment